    works fine with the clk switch set to 100. everything was taken from a soyo
    kt600 dragon plus that worked with a 400 mb fsb. any ideas??? the
    giga-byte.com site doesn't work so i can't get any help from them

    Walt E, May 1, 2004

  2. Walt E

    henny Guest

    Great idea
    power down and unplug from the wall
    now set the ratio switches to 10.5.
    power up and re-set up the BIOS
    read the manual
    HG

    henny, May 2, 2004

  3. Walt E

    Dimitris Guest

    Update the mobo bios, then try again with auto clk. By the way, Athlon
    XP 3000+ has 333Mhz FSB, the 3200+ has 400Mhz FSB.

    Dimitris, May 2, 2004
  4. Walt E

    jpsga Guest

    For some reason, Dimitris, there are two models of the 3000XP. The part
    nmber ending in E allows a FSB of 400mHz.
    JS

    jpsga, May 2, 2004
  5. Walt E

    Dimitris Guest

    Ok, ok i wasnt aware of that CPU. Maybe his mobo doesnt support 400Mhz
    FSB CPU, only memory ddr400.

    Dimitris, May 2, 2004
  6. Walt E

    Dimitris Guest

    Go and take a look at the bios update page.
    http://www.giga-byte.com/Motherboard/Support/BIOS/BIOS_GA-7N400-L.htm.
    It mentions an issue where it couldnt boot with kingston 400/433 DDR
    though yours are crucial they might be affected by this issue also.

    Dimitris, May 2, 2004
  7. Walt E

    fredrickson Guest

    See if it boots with one stick of ram

    fredrickson, May 2, 2004
  8. Walt E

    Walt E Guest

    this xp 3000+ DOES have a 400Mhz fsb although the other xp 3000+ does have
    a 333Mhz fsb

    Walt E, May 2, 2004
  9. Walt E

    Walt E Guest

    well, that did't work. i powered down set the ratio_sw to 10.5 left the
    clk_sw set to off (100mhz) rebooted, checked the bios, restarted to floppy.
    powered down, set clk_sw to auto and........ does not boot ........ no beeps
    ....no nothing. every part on this mobo came from my soyo mobo and ran fine
    at 400Mhz fsb. i am stumped!

    Walt E, May 2, 2004
  10. Walt E

    Walt E Guest

    tried that too, same story wont boot with clk_sw set to auto.
    thanks

    Walt E, May 2, 2004
  11. I've built a couple systems on this board.
    I liked them, but to get them stable I had to set ram timings manually. You
    have to press some key combination to get the options to come up. Dig in the
    manual to find it. I could not get boards stable with 400(200)mhz Ram speed
    and 333(166)mhz cpu speed. The boards I had wanted ram to run syncronious with
    the fsb.
    3-4-3-7 timings worked for me at 333 system
    3-4-4-8 worked at 400 system
    I was using cheap ram in dual channel mode

    Good Luck
    :) Greg B.

    bogustxtburnetga, May 3, 2004
  12. Walt E

    Dimitris Guest

    I think this confuses not only me, but your motherboard as well!. It
    detects CPU 3000+ and sets a multiplier 13.0x which is normal for
    (166x2)333FSB, but not for (200x2)400FSB (which is 11.0x i think)
    which causes the 3000+ cpu to crash since it goes up to 200x13=2.6Ghz
    instead of the 2.2Ghz which is the correct speed.

    Dimitris, May 3, 2004
  13. Walt E

    Dimitris Guest

    SO if your motherboard have switches to select multiplier, or through
    bios to choose the multiplier, set it to 10.0x. Then set FSB(host)
    clock to auto.

    Dimitris, May 3, 2004
  14. Walt E

    Walt E Guest

    i used the ez flash tool that came with the mobo, crossed my fingers,
    grabbed a couple of rabbits feet, prayed and clicked on "update" when i shut
    down after the update set the clk_sw to auto, the ratio_sw is set to auto
    detect and booted up and it worked. . dont have clue as to why the flash i
    did from boot disk didnt work but that is how things go i guess. THANKS TO
    ALL OF YOU!!!

    Walt E, May 3, 2004
  15. Walt E

    jpsga Guest

    Oh Yeah .. what do ya mean it worked.
    What is the Bus Speed 200mHz??
    What is the multiplyer 10X?
    Any Sandra numbers?

    JPS

    jpsga, May 3, 2004
  16. Walt E

    Walt E Guest

    can't get sandra to benchmark (cpu doesn't show up) but the fsb is running
    at 2x 200Mhz and the cpu is running at 2.11Ghz and the cpu finally shows up
    as a Athlon XP 3000+ stupid bios errors - i hate stupid bios errors!

    Walt E, May 4, 2004
  17. Walt E

    Dimitris Guest

    Get wcpuid from www.h-oda.com and tell us the multiplier setting. I
    have 3000+ 166x2=333mhz fsb and has multiplier of 13x166=2.17Ghz.
    Yours should be 10.5x200=2.1Ghz

    Dimitris, May 4, 2004
  18. Walt E

    Walt E Guest

    AMD Athlon XP (Model A)
    Internal Clock 2104.78 MHz System Clock 200.45MHz System Bus
    400.91MHz Multiplier 10.5
    all settings on mobo are: CLK_SW=Auto RATIO_SW=Default (all off) Thanks
    for the tip on the cpu status app!! I bid on and won an FX5900 Ultra Video
    card (256Mb) (made by BFG Tech) on ebay hopefully that will improve the
    video gaming over my backup vid card (a geforce 4 mx 420) - I had to use
    that as my 5700 ultra bit the dust when the fan broke.

    Walt E, May 5, 2004