GA-7N400 Pro 2 Rev 2 / 7N400-L DIMM 1&3 no go

Discussion in 'Gigabyte' started by cyclone, Jul 2, 2004.

  1. cyclone

    cyclone Guest

    FWIW a friend and I have found an issue with my 7N400 Pro2 Rev 2 and his
    7N400-L when trying to run 2 x 512mb sticks of PC3200 in dual channel in
    DIMM slots DDR1 & DDR3. Very unstable.

    If you use slots DDR1 & DDR4 both boards run solid as a rock in dual
    channel.

    Experienced this when using a matched set of 2 x 512mb of Kingston PC3200
    CL3 (KVR400X64C3AK2/1G) in both the 7N400 Pro 2 Rev 2 & 7N400-L.

    He also tried 2 x 512mb of cheaper Elixir ram in the 7N400-L with same
    issue - DIMM 1&3 unstable, DIMM 1&4 rock solid.

    We flashed to latest bios for our respective boards but did not make any
    difference.

    Tony

    cyclone, Jul 2, 2004

  2. Hmmmm, I run 1&3 rock solid both DS modules... you can have SS in 1 &3
    also... look in the chart in the manual

    KK

    Kaptain Krunch, Aug 16, 2004