    My only complaint with this board so far is that due to a capacitor placed
    too close to the ZIF socket, I could not use the heatsink I wanted. The CPU
    temp never goes over 51C so it is not a problem.

    Larry Stone, Apr 7, 2004

  2. Larry Stone

    jpsga Guest

    A 1394 *network adapter* ??
    AFAIK there is only network adaptor and that is the Realtec. I disabled the
    1394 FireWire as I don't use it.

    But gee ... you done good. I could not use my choice of HSF because of that
    cap and I am running about 61° C.
    JPS

    jpsga, Apr 7, 2004

  3. Larry Stone

    Jason Ash Guest

    If you are using WinXP, it sees a FireWire connecter as a possible
    network adapter. Using the correct cable, you could concievably connect
    two PCs through FireWire ports. A stupid and useless way to do it, but
    hey.

    I also was almost unable to use the HSF I wanted on my board. I got
    around it by taking a hacksaw to the HSF, and trimming the corner that
    was in contact with the capacitor to get it to fit. Boy, did I not want
    to trim down my HSF, a nice Vantec AeroFlow.

    Jason A.

    --
    Reply to for SPAM only

    All others use: