GA 7N400 Pro (V2) Don't know if it's the motherboard, OS or something else ...

Discussion in 'Gigabyte' started by System 6, Aug 10, 2006.

  1. System 6

    System 6 Guest

    Help!

    System worked without a flaw for over 3 years.
    Started fine one day and shut down ok.
    Started later in the day and got past the Windows startup screen, then blue screen with no error
    message. (?)
    Tried to load Windows 2000 on new hd, figuring the old hd went south ... Windows said there was no
    disk
    Old hd can be read through remote USB on another system.
    Reinstalled old hd and tried Safe Mode ... black screen with "Safe Mode" on 4 corners but couldn't
    do anything else.
    Tried repair disk ... Windows said repair disk is corrupt.
    Replaced graphics card with identical card ... no change.

    I'm stumped ...
    Is this a motherboard issue, an OS issue or something else?

    Paul

    System 6, Aug 10, 2006

  2. System 6

    jpsga Guest

    Well, since it boots to Windows, that's happiness.
    I would look into the BIOS and see if the BIOS is finding every thing and
    see that the CPU temp is ok. Maybe reset the BIOS.
    Check that all the cables are in tightly and other visual inspections.
    Re-seat the VGA card.
    From what you report it appears that Windows falters trying to load a
    driver or a start up program.
    Also suspect the CD drive.

    JPS

    jpsga, Aug 13, 2006

  3. System 6

    Harms

    Joined:
    Aug 15, 2006
    Messages:
    1
    Likes Received:
    0
    been there done that.....

    some of the 7 series have the large caps on mobo going bad or have gone bad,I'm replacing caps on a freind of mines 7 series board,if their bulging on the top,leaking,or the alum cover has shot partially up the cap they all need replaced
    :( but unless money is an issue I would upgrade mobo. usually when this prob starts out you hear a clink( the power to the harddrive is dropping out)then it just keeps getting worse as the caps get worse.same thing can happen to vid cards,or any board for that matter if you do not have the ability and really really love that mobo there's guys that will fix it for about 50.bucks.

    Harms, Aug 16, 2006