    another drive.
    Any way of doing this?
    TIA

    perry3739, Jun 20, 2004

  2. perry3739

    jpsga Guest

    This uses a HPA. If you change the host the data is useless.
    Just maybe Gigabyte knows what they are doing.
    JPS

    jpsga, Jun 21, 2004

  3. perry3739

    perry3739 Guest

    I understand the function and benefits of the Host Protected Area but if I
    have a HDD failure I have lost the system and the backup.
    If I could copy to another HDD and recover to a new host in the event of a
    failure.

    Perry

    perry3739, Jun 21, 2004
  4. perry3739

    Mal Guest

    if it's automatically placed onto an area of the C drive with no option to
    place onto a different partition then that's the only place it will look for
    it if you need to restore the information. if you manually move it to your D
    drive, for example, then you won't be able to access the backup unless you
    moved it back manually to the C drive .... but you wouldn't be able to do
    that as your boot partition would be messed up at that stage stopping you
    from booting into windows etc.

    if you have a complete HDD failure, which would stop you accessing the
    backup on your C drive then restoring the boot partition would do no good
    anyway.

    Mal, Jun 21, 2004