    able to clarify things.

    Thanks,
    Harry

    Harry Muscle, Jul 24, 2003

  2. Harry Muscle

    Elmo Guest

    I have the 7NNXP. Dual channel will work with 3 or 4 modules if you mix both
    double and single sided dimms. This is from page 21 of Gigabytes manual. Its
    rather confusing, it lists the following as working:

    Dual Channel Technology (DS: Double Side, SS: Single Side)
    ------------------------DIMM 1------DIMM 2-----DIMM 3-----DIMM 4
    2 Memory Modules----DS/SS--------Empty--------DS/SS--------Empty
    2 Memory Modules-----Empty--------DS/SS-------Empty---------DS/SS
    2 Memory Modules----DS/SS--------Empty--------Empty-----------DS
    2 Memory Modules-----Empty--------DS/SS-------Empty-----------DS
    3 Memory Modules----DS/SS---------DS/SS-------DS/SS--------Empty
    3 Memory Modules----DS/SS---------DS/SS-------Empty-----------DS
    3 Memory Modules-----Empty---------DS/SS--------SS-------------SS
    3 Memory Modules----DS/SS---------Empty---------SS-------------SS
    4 Memory Modules----DS/SS---------DS/SS--------SS-------------SS

    You can download the manual in Adobe Acrobat reader (.pdf) format from
    Gigabytes website if you need a copy. The GA-7NNXP is a great board. I have
    an XP 3000+ Barton native 333MHz running at 11X230 for 2530MHz and 460FSB at
    1.90v core. This board has a few drawbacks, no mounting holes around the CPU
    socket and very limited space around the CPU. I am using a Swiftech MCW5000
    water block on mine and it fits with room to spare.

    Elmo, Jul 25, 2003

  3. Same here with ga-7N400 Pro..Great board...Same mem. config..It works with 2
    (1st-3rd), 3 (1st,2nd,3rd or 4th) and 4 sticks...Only ONE con : One
    capacitor is bit too close to cpu socket.Still ,Volcano 11+ fits nicely..

    Mr SUHA SIRMAKES, Jul 25, 2003
  4. Harry Muscle

    S.Heenan Guest

    Does the BIOS have generous overclocking adjustments ? ie manual Vcore
    increase/decrease, manual AGP voltage increase/decrease, etc.

    S.Heenan, Jul 25, 2003
  5. Yes and plenty more...I've been using mine for about 2 months now with 2500+
    @ 3200+ (1.67v @ 1.725v)no problem at all.This is a burger with the lot.Very
    stable at all speeds and configuration with decent cooling.I'm using Volcano
    11+ .I ran 3D 2003 three times in a row , played quake for 1/2 hr. , colin
    mc rae for 1/2 hr , vietcong for 1/2 hr then ran the 2003 again then pc sys
    mark 2002 (all at 1024x768x32b), at the end sys temp was 31* and cpu 38*
    (room temp was 24*).So really i'm very happy with it.Cost me AUD
    $195.Worth every cent.

    Mr SUHA SIRMAKES, Jul 27, 2003