    Anything to help would be very useful.

    Many hanks

    Alan

    Alan, Jun 24, 2003

  2. Alan

    Alan Guest

    Alan, Jun 24, 2003

  3. Alan

    John Guest

    I used 2700 kingston samsung pqi and every other brand
    known to man and have come to the conclusion
    that the board is a load of CRAP!

    John, Jun 24, 2003
  4. Alan

    john Guest

    It won't mater what you do these boards are a load of crap do what I did buy
    an Asus A7N8X-X same price twice the board.

    john, Jun 28, 2003
  5. Alan

    Mikk Guest

    Just replaced my 1800+ with a 2600+ on a GA-7VAX board, the new Arctic
    Cooling heatsink/fan
    seems to be doing the job, although it's running 5 degrees hotter than my
    old 1800+ did.

    Only had it running a day or so and it crashes randomly too - about 3 times
    now :(
    Maybe the 2600+ quality control manager had a day off?
    Running 333MHz memory on mine btw

    Mikk, Jul 1, 2003
  6. Alan

    Mikk Guest

    Some not very pretty reading here too
    http://www.extremetech.com/print_article/0,3998,a=32340,00.asp

    see particuarly comments on 2600+ chip and conclusions

    seems to me that 333 FSB support is not very well implemented on this
    chipset

    Mikk, Jul 1, 2003
  7. Alan

    goldy Guest

    I had the same problem and a girl in this group suggested turning off Top
    Performance in the Bios.
    apparently TP doesn't always work well.
    But for me it stopped the random Crashes.
    also check whether you are useing VIA or Microsoft drivers for your usb 2.0.
    I have heard that the microsoft ones work better though I've heard only a
    couple of opinions on this.
    I'm Running an amd 2500 with 333 memory

    goldy, Jul 1, 2003
  8. Alan

    Mikk Guest

    Ok cheers, trying that now, or at least I would be if I hadn't got lumbered
    with some decorating I promised to do in return for treating myself to that
    new CPU :(

    Yeah I did put the VIA drivers in, but as I only have 1.1 devices, I don't
    know why I did

    Yet another fresh install of Windoze will sort that

    Mikk, Jul 1, 2003
  9. Alan

    Alan Guest

    Seem to have fixed the problem now. Tried using 333MHz memory, but
    didn't cure the problem.

    Saw http://tw.giga-byte.com/Motherboard/Support/FAQ/FAQ_308.htm about
    reseating heat sink with compound rather than transfer pad, and both
    systems seem to be working fine now.

    Alan

    Alan, Jul 4, 2003
  10. Alan

    Stan Mould Guest

    Couldn't agree more. My Gigabyte 7VAXP has been a nightmare since I
    bought it. It's a complete piece of shit.

    I bought an Asus A7V8X-X, which although does not have all the
    features of the Gigashite, at least booted up first time and I
    haven't had to spend half a lifetime keeping it working.

    Stan Mould, Jul 27, 2003