GA-7VAX-A and an XP 2100+ @ 333

Discussion in 'Gigabyte' started by NuT CrAcKeR, Jul 25, 2003.

  1. NuT CrAcKeR

    NuT CrAcKeR Guest

    Hello All,

    I have been reading up on the B core t'breds, and the consensus seems to be
    that most of them can run at 166 (333). The thing is, the 7VAX-A board I
    have only has the switch for Auto/100. There is a place on the board where
    another switch looks like it could have been placed... IF i somehow short
    this out (wire, switch, etc), can I force 166 and get my 2100+ to run
    natively at 2.16Ghz ?

    Right now, I have PC3200 (Kingston Hyper-X), and it runs in DDR400 mode,
    with Top Performance turned on, at 155Mhz, so i am thinking that this memory
    has the headroom.

    Are there any articles that address this mod, and this kind of OC
    potentional of the B core 2100+ ???

    Thanks,

    NuTs

    NuT CrAcKeR, Jul 25, 2003

  2. NuT CrAcKeR

    JKBK Guest

    JKBK, Jul 25, 2003

  3. NuT CrAcKeR

    Sir Pudgie Guest

    Are there any articles that address this mod, and this kind of OC
    I have done this successfully, with a 7vax1394 and Tbred 2100+ "B", using
    silver conductive paint to bridge the contact points! Voila, instant 2700+
    with 333fsb! :)

    You'll also find details on how to do it at www.amdforums.com :)

    Sir Pudgie, Jul 25, 2003
  4. NuT CrAcKeR

    JKBK Guest

    Sorry about the link ...I tested it before I posted it but these things
    happen. Jeff

    JKBK, Jul 26, 2003