ga-7vax and ram module

Discussion in 'Gigabyte' started by gigarob, Aug 18, 2006.

  1. gigarob

    gigarob

    i have the ga-7vax mainboard.
    upto now it was running fine with a 256 Mb DDR, PC2100 module.
    (in first ram-slot, others empty)

    to lift the system a bit, I changed this module for a
    1 Gb DDR 400 Mhz PC3200 module..

    now Win98se starts and runs, another harddisk with Suse9.3 does so too (AND is faster), yet another harddisk with FedoraCore5 *stops* in the boot process and won't run.

    Live CD's with Knoppix do boot and run;
    Live CD's with Kubuntu and one with Ubuntu are stopping in the boot process and will not run.

    Before (with the old memory module) ALL were running without problems.

    I tested the memory module with Memtest, no problems (after 10 passes).

    does anyone know something useful??

    gigarob, Aug 18, 2006