    one, now it is very noisy. Is there an alternative to the fan, a larger
    heat sink or something?
    Robert Butler

    Robert Butler, Nov 27, 2005

  2. Travis Jordan, Nov 27, 2005

  3. This looks like a good solution, but the ad says it can only be used on
    northbridges that do not have a built in graphics chipset. How can I
    determine if my VIA KT400 chipset qualifies?
    Thanks!
    Robert

    Robert Butler, Nov 27, 2005
  4. The VIA KT400 is an AGP8x chipset but it doesn't have onboard graphics
    processing. I assume you probably have either an AGP or PCI graphics
    card, right?

    Any of the Zalman heat sinks should work OK in this application.

    Travis Jordan, Nov 27, 2005
  5. Yes, I have an AGP video card. Thanks for the help, I'm going to order
    the heatsink tonight.

    Robert Butler, Nov 28, 2005
  6. You're welcome. I have one of the Zalman sinks on a GA-8IK1100 and it
    installed and fit just fine.

    Travis Jordan, Nov 28, 2005