GA-7VAXP Ultra and Inno3D Ti4200 AGPx8

Discussion in 'Gigabyte' started by iamaran, Feb 5, 2004.

  1. iamaran

    iamaran Guest

    Board: GA-7VAXP Ultra
    Video Card: Inno3D GeForce4 Ti4200 AGP x8

    I am having a strange problem with this board/card combination.
    The PC boots up, but I get no display - not even pre-Windows. No beeps, so
    the card would appear to be working. The monitor display tells me there is
    no signal and to check the cable.

    I put my old MX440 back in - no problem. I know the cable works fine (it
    always has).

    I have tested the card in a PC at work - no problems - the card is working.
    I am using a standard VGA cable not the DVI

    I have tried changing the AGP speed in BIOS to x4 x8 and auto. No change.
    Are all VGA cables the same?
    Any other ideas?

    Thanks in advance for any thoughts.

    iamaran, Feb 5, 2004

  2. iamaran

    Dimitris Guest

    This card probably draws more current from the agp slot(it doesnt have
    connector for external voltage supply does it?). So you need to get a
    stronger PSU or a cheap trick is to raise the agp voltage +0.1 or +0.2
    or +0.3.However if your PSU is 450W or bigger then this problem must
    be a hardware incompatibility issue and probably there is no solution.
    A few other bios tweaks you can try(prior to raising voltage ) is to
    disable AGP fastwrite, raise AGP comp. driving value, load bios
    defaults, or even clear cmos. Also put the most conservative memory
    timings you can, for example put ddr at 266 and latency 2.5 ,
    read/write command 2T or 3T e.t.c

    Dimitris, Feb 6, 2004

  3. iamaran

    iamaran Guest