GA-7VM400M Onboard Audioj Problem

Discussion in 'Gigabyte' started by Tom Crooze, Dec 27, 2007.

  1. Tom Crooze

    Tom Crooze Guest

    A friend gave me a computer with the above mboard when they upgraded. As far
    as I know , the audio was working fine.
    I reformatted and reinstalled Windows but the onboard audio isn't working.
    The info from Device Manager has a yellow flag beside the C-Media AC97 Audio
    Device.

    Properties show

    General Device can not start ( Code 10 )

    Driver 5.12.1.50 Installed by Windows

    Resource " Device isn't using any resources because it has a problem "

    So far I have confirmed that it IS enabled in the bios

    I've deleted it from Device Manager and on reboot, it's recognised and
    Windows tries to re install it , but fails.

    Before the reformatting , I installed a video card , but I have since
    removed it and tried again , with the same results ( no go on the video ). I
    know the 2 probably aren't connected , but it was the only major change to
    the system.

    It seems it might be a hardware problem with the audio itself. It's not
    really a big deal because I'm using it as a backup computer that doesn't
    really need sound anyway , but of course, if I could get it work , that
    would be great. I'm just not sure if I've overlooked something , or
    something's turned off that should be on ? I don't have a manual.

    TIA !

    Tom Crooze, Dec 27, 2007

  2. Tom Crooze

    Gray_Wolf Guest

    I'm not sure the Win driver will work with the AC97.
    See if you can find the driver on the Gigabyte web site

    Gray_Wolf, Feb 4, 2008