    mobo

    GA-7VRXP (Rev 2.0)

    Cheers

    consac, Mar 1, 2004

  2. consac

    nobody Guest

    According to what they sell at newegg it would be an XP2400+ with a 266MHz FSB.
    266 is as fast as this board will handle as far as I know. Too bad it won't do
    333 or we could put Barton cores into it.

    nobody, Mar 1, 2004

  3. consac

    Dimitris Guest

    Well if you go "by the book" the fastest processor you can upgrade is
    a Athlon XP2600+ with a 266FSB, but it would be very hard to find one
    of those. So an XP2400+ is the fastest if you go "by the book".
    However if you decide to take a risk, and know some things about
    overclocking e.t.c you can put any Athlon up to 3Ghz and from the bios
    settings put FSB clock at 165MHZ(x2=330mhz so as i said you can put
    even a Athlon XP [email protected] with a small loss in speed,about 1%),
    and use some other tricks to normalize the pci clock and agp clock
    (cause these two are always a fraction of FSB), and also your memories
    should be rated PC2700(333mhz) or higher .

    Dimitris, Mar 2, 2004