GA-8I945P Pro not detecting on IDE2 and IDE3

Discussion in 'Gigabyte' started by Rocksaw, Aug 16, 2006.

1. Rocksaw

Rocksaw

Just built a new PC using the GA-8I945P Pro board and as title says I can't get the BIOS to detect any devices I put on IDE2 and IDE3.

I have a matrox 250gb hard drive on IDE1 and its detecting fine, put it on IDE2 or IDE 3 and the BIOS just won't find it.

There's so many different options in the BIOS I'm out of my depth. I'm used to a simple BIOS with just IDE 0 and 1, none of this gigaraid or sata stuff, its all new to me.

All I want is to have my Sony DVD writer as secondary master/slave on either IDE2 or IDE3, anybody know what I should do to get the bios to detect them?

If its of any help, something called the ATAPI RAID which starts shortly after booting up detects the DVD but not hard drive.

Also, this is from the gigabyte tech support page for the board...

Question: My motherboard comes with onboard IDE RAID controller. But my CD/DVD-ROM drives can't be recognized by motherboard BIOS while BIOS POST?

Answer: Based on the specification of onboard IDE RAID controller, the IDE ports are provided by the controller do not support IDE ATAPI CD/DVD-ROM drive. Please install your CD/DVD-ROM drive to the IDE port is provided by south bridge chip.

Maybe someone can decipher the tech speak and figure out what to do for me? Thanks.

:)

Rocksaw, Aug 16, 2006
Ask a Question