GA-8INXP - Blank screen and PC does not beep when turned on

Discussion in 'Gigabyte' started by cryofuse, Aug 12, 2008.

1. cryofuse

cryofuse

While I was using my PC it froze, so I reset it and the PC did not beep (as it always does on startup) and there was no output to the monitor. The LEDs turned on and the DVD drive ejected and closed normally, the RAM LED on the motherboard turns on (as it should) and all the fans were running but all I got was a blank screen. I repeatedly tried to turn it off and on and only on 2 occasions did it start but froze again, once when it was loading windows and during the boot screen when it was detecting the IDE drives.

I've checked the monitor and it is fine, the power supply works, and everything is clean and connected properly. I contacted Gigabyte who said to remove the CMOS battery for 5 minutes to reset the CMOS and to only start it with the CPU, heatsink/fan, 1 memory chip, VGA card attached. Trying this I had no luck, I even put a new battery in and it made no difference.

I'm assuming that there is a problem with either the motherboard or CPU and hoping that there is someway this could be fixed.

SYSTEM SPECS:

Gigabyte GA-8INXP motherboard ver 1.0 (with the latest BIOS loaded)
    Pentium 4 / 3.06 GHz, 512Kb, 533MHz
    4 x 1GB DDR PC3200, CL=3, Unbuffered, NON-ECC, DDR400
    ATi Radeon X1950 Pro (AGPx8)
    Sound Blaster Audigy 2 Platinum
    300 GB SATA Hard Drive
    DVD +/- RW Drive (IDE)
    Floppy Drive

QUESTIONS:

1. If nothing can be done to fix the motherboard, what is the best alternative motherboard which will allow me to use my current components or at least most of them so I don't have to spend so much (and is still available)?

2. Is my current CPU only compatible with the Intel E7205 chipset or can it be used with motherboards using other intel chipsets?

3. Why does this always happen to me?

Any help will be appreciated. Thanks.

Last edited: Aug 12, 2008
    cryofuse, Aug 12, 2008
Ask a Question