Ga-8ipe1000 - Front Cable Help...

Discussion in 'Gigabyte' started by BrianPage, Jun 24, 2007.

  1. BrianPage

    BrianPage

    Joined:
    Jun 24, 2007
    :confused: I've read the manual, and I don't understand how to hook up the front cables. The colors mentioned in the manual and on the mobo, don't match up with the actual colors of the cables. The colors / writing of the cables are as followed:

    Orange/White cable - "H.D.D LED"
    Black/White cable - "Res SW"
    Green/White cable - "Power LED"
    Green/Black cable - "M/B SW"

    Now I need to know how to hook these up. The writing on the motherboard looks like this:

    -------------------
    | MSG+/- | PW-/+ |
    | HD+/- | RES-/+ |
    -----------------

    Can someone please translate what my cables mean, and where they should be placed on the mobo? Thanks...

    Hopefully I get some replies because I'm not trying to spend $30 to have Geek Squad fix this for me when I know it'll only take 2 seconds given the proper understanding...

    Last edited: Jun 24, 2007
    BrianPage, Jun 24, 2007
  2. BrianPage

    BrianPage