    Bioboffin Guest

    Not with a GA-8KNXP - just reflash from the backup BIOS. :)

    John.

    Bioboffin, Sep 19, 2004

  2. True, but once you have flashed and the BIOS are stable you should flash
    both the main and backup BIOS to the same version.

    In the above scenario, wrong BIOS flash, you would boot from the backup BIOS
    and then flash the main BIOS to the same version as your backup.

    Richard Dower, Sep 19, 2004

  3. Richard Dower

    Karen Parker Guest

    You have it all wrong After you Flash you reboot then set Fail Safe then
    Reboot Again Then set your Defaults.

    ..

    Karen Parker, Sep 20, 2004
  4. Richard Dower

    Karen Parker Guest

    From most is is, No you do not know how to Set your Bios Correctly..

    I have Flashed more Bioses than you have had hot dinners..

    Karen Parker, Sep 20, 2004
  5. Richard Dower

    Karen Parker Guest

    Sorry BUT YOU ARE TOTALY WRONG..

    You just don't have a clue..

    May be you should take notice on one that knows and has done is some 100 Times
    before

    Karen Parker, Sep 20, 2004
  6. Richard Dower

    Karen Parker Guest

    NO YOU DON'T..

    Karen Parker, Sep 20, 2004
  7. Richard Dower

    Karen Parker Guest

    Unpack the Bios file first, as it contains other things in the self extraction
    file...

    Karen Parker, Sep 20, 2004
  8. Richard Dower

    Karen Parker Guest

    NOT NEEDED..

    Karen Parker, Sep 20, 2004
  9. Richard Dower

    Karen Parker Guest

    Did you Flash, reboot and then set the Fail Safe defaults then reboot again
    before you entering your setting..?

    This is a MUST..

    Karen Parker, Sep 20, 2004
  10. Richard Dower

    Karen Parker Guest

    Not if you Flash it correctly and set the Fail Safe defaults..

    Karen Parker, Sep 20, 2004
  11. Richard Dower

    Karen Parker Guest

    The correct procedure is to Flash the Bios, reboot, set Fail Safe Defaults
    then reboot again, then set your own Custom settings..

    This is the ONLY Way..

    Karen Parker, Sep 20, 2004
  12. Richard Dower

    Rick Guest

    Playing devils advocate, My 8KNXP.2 came with FD, I am now on FJ and I have NEVER set fail safe defaults when flashing.
    My RAM timings are 2,3,2,6 & the only thing I have not enabled is CIA. I flash the main BIOS, use it for 2 weeks,
    then flash the backup if I'm happy. NOT saying this is the proper way to go, just that it CAN be done.

    I AM happy with FJ, it seems to have cleared up a problem I had with my digital capture card, a real buss hog.
    It's running fine now (knock wood). Also, when I rebooted & logged on I was doing other stuff and was not paying attention.
    When I returned to the screen I had a message stating "Your new hardware has been installed successfully, you need to reboot ....".
    I don't know what it installed, used to know how to find out, but at the moment it escapes me.

    Rick, Sep 20, 2004
  13. It added a few more items to Device Manager, under System Devices i had 27
    items listed, now i have 29.

    Added ACPI Fan + ACPI Thermal Zone.

    Richard Dower, Sep 20, 2004
  14. What is the point in having the man BIOS at FJ while the backup is FI or
    FH?....explain that to me?

    If FJ is working perfect does it not make perfect sense to have BOTH BIOS
    version the same, i think it does.

    And you are wrong, the ITE, Intel and Sil BIOS have not been updated. As
    others have said....you got a beta BIOS that resolved your issue. Gigabyte
    have not introduced BIOS updates for everyone as yet.

    Richard Dower, Sep 20, 2004
  15. Richard Dower

    Karen Parker Guest

    You do not have to set Safe Defaults beforE you flash unless you are using any
    Over Clocking or Enchantment modes, BUT YOU MUST SET THE FACTORY DEFAULTS
    AFTER YOU FLASH AND THEN REBOOT AGAIN BEFORE YOU SET YOUR OWN SETTINGS..

    Karen Parker, Sep 20, 2004
  16. Richard Dower

    Karen Parker Guest

    MY ITE BIOS IS 1.7 AS THE NEW BIOS WAS PROVIDED BY GIGABYTE..

    Karen Parker, Sep 20, 2004
  17. FJ does not update ITE to 1.7, you're using a special beta BIOS to resolve
    your issue.

    Richard Dower, Sep 20, 2004
  18. Richard Dower

    Lee Marsh Guest

    Is this some 12 year that has hijacked his mums PC or something?

    Lee Marsh, Sep 20, 2004
  19. Just updated to this bios from FH and CPU temperature readings are now about
    10 degrees centigrade lower than before. At idle the CPU temp reads about 28
    degrees which means the CPU smart fan control in the bios now actually does
    slow the CPU fan down, though not by much.

    Adrian

    Adrian Stuart, Sep 20, 2004
  20. Yes I did. Although that may be the FH bios, so I might have to go reflash the FI bios.

    Brendan

    Brendan S (Scratch User), Sep 20, 2004