    I will give You it's a safer road to travel, never traveled it much myself though. If it were a "MUST" I wouldn't be posting this, not
    on this machine anyway.

    Skating Away...

    Rick, Sep 21, 2004

  2. Richard Dower

    Karen Parker Guest

    No its not special, it is to fix A BUG with 2 HD on the ITE controller.

    Karen Parker, Sep 21, 2004

  3. Richard Dower

    Karen Parker Guest

    So GIGABYE have it all wrong..?

    Karen Parker, Sep 21, 2004
  4. Richard Dower

    Tim Guest

    Richard,

    "Karen" as he is calling himself these days does not own an 8KNXP rev 1 or
    rev 2. He (it is actually a he) claims to have had GB update a bios for
    8INXP (if I recall correctly) to include the ITE update. He (his real name
    is Roger) seems to think that the bios for these boards is completely
    interchangeable and that by asking for 1 bios to be corrected that he is the
    New Saviour and authoritative champion!

    So, in short Roger (alias Woger, Woger MKII and about 200 others) is flame
    bait.

    - Tim

    Tim, Sep 21, 2004
  5. Thanks Tim, damn Trolls.

    Richard Dower, Sep 21, 2004
  6. No, just you.

    Richard Dower, Sep 21, 2004
  7. Richard Dower

    Karen Parker Guest

    So how wrong you are, I have the Same MoBo as a GA-8KNXP 2.0, but with out
    the extra power module.

    Yes I do have a New Bios from GigaByte, F11a..

    Thank you for supporting Gigabyte products and contacting GBT Tech Support. As
    to the problem you mentioned, we are sorry to let you down about our response.
    As we noticed that we have provided the latest BIOS in EmailID : 102955, we
    are not sure if it works for you to solve the issue that you have been faced?

    Meanwhile, we would like to thanks for your suggestion to let us have chance
    to improve our service. We will look into this issue and perform better in the
    future.

    At last, if you still have any further question or suggestion about our
    products/service, please do not hesitate to contact with us directly. We will
    try our best to help you resolve the problem ASAP.

    Best Regards,
    Gigabyte Technology

    Karen Parker, Sep 21, 2004
  8. Richard Dower

    Karen Parker Guest

    NO I AM REFERING TO INFO PROVIDED BY GIGABYTE, PLUS MY EXPERANCE OF FLASHING
    MOBOS FOR MANY MANY YEARS.

    I HAVE ALSO BEEN IN THE COMPUTER TRADE LONGER THAT YOU HAVE HAD HOT DINNERS.

    Karen Parker, Sep 21, 2004
  9. LOL....if you have that mobo then you would KNOW that F11 referes to
    revision 1.0 of the GA-8KNXP.

    FH, FI, FJ referes to the 2.0 and 2.1 revisions of the board.

    Richard Dower, Sep 21, 2004
  10. I've eaten alot of hot dinners, how about you?

    Richard Dower, Sep 21, 2004
  11. Richard Dower

    Tim Guest

    I made this mistake once before.... You may have seen it where I provided
    details on a fix for "Karen" for his rev 1 8KNXP which turned out not to be
    not to be a rev 2 or an 8KNXP....

    I suggest Karen be left to his imagination and not assume that there is any
    new bios coming, but wait or prod GB for a new one.

    - Tim

    Tim, Sep 21, 2004
  12. Richard Dower

    Karen Parker Guest

    No Dumbo it a GA-8I875 Ultra , its the same board as a GA-8KNXP Rev 2.0 and
    comes with the same Manual and has the same Bios Updates, the only diffrence
    is the DPS2, it does not have it..

    Seems that most here have never heared on this board..

    Karen Parker, Sep 21, 2004
  13. Richard Dower

    Karen Parker Guest

    F off Tim you do not know F thing, I do know what MoBo I have, seems that
    you just don't have a clue

    Have a look at a GA-8KNXP Manual, you will se that is has a GA-8I875 Ultra
    Listed, this mobo can out much later, as it came out as a Rev 2.0 Board and
    sound option, plus it has Rev 2.0 stamped on the board.

    So now your credibility here is now a FAT ZERO..

    Plus I do have this New Bios, lets me boot from any 4 Hard Drives that are
    connected to the ITE Controller.

    Never mind Tim you might grow up one day, but from your stupid comments here
    its going to take for ever.

    Karen Parker, Sep 21, 2004
  14. Nah, because it's crap.

    :)

    Richard Dower, Sep 21, 2004
  15. OK...so you got a beta BIOS that works for you, GREAT!
    Now tell when Gigabyte are gonna update the BIOS once again for the
    GA-8KNXP revision 2.1?????

    Richard Dower, Sep 21, 2004
  16. Richard Dower

    Bioboffin Guest

    Sorry? Please feel free to expand further... :)

    Like how would you recover from a failed BIOS flash without using the
    incredibly useful Gigabyte backup BIOS?

    Incidentally we do know how to flash a BIOS (after all we have read and
    carried out your reccommendation), but just occasionally it fails - e.g.
    because the mains electricity turns off or glitches - so your recommendation
    repeated several times about how to do a BIOS flash still is of no help.

    John.

    Bioboffin, Sep 21, 2004
  17. Richard Dower

    Karen Parker Guest

    So I have made a fool of yourself also..

    Karen Parker, Sep 22, 2004
  18. Richard Dower

    Lawless Guest

    How do I roll back the bios when the system is unbootable??

    Lawless, Sep 22, 2004
  19. Only in your mind, sweetheart.

    Richard Dower, Sep 22, 2004
  20. F8 from the bios screen. It allows you to boot from the backup bios and copy the backup bios to the man bios if you want to.

    Brendan

    Brendan S (Scratch User), Sep 23, 2004