    (faster, more reliable, stable etc)? Seems like a read a review somewhere
    where the reviewer liked Silicon better.

    I'm also wondering why they give you both options?

    JMac, Feb 15, 2004

  2. I would have thought that the Intel one would be better due to the fact
    they're not on the PCI bus. But i suppose this would only really show
    itself when copying large amounts of data to/from a fast drive setup across
    the CSA bus gigabit LAN.

    Steve

    Stephen Williams, Feb 15, 2004

  3. I have a RAID 0 array on both of them, and to tell you the truth I didn't
    even think about which one might be faster when I chose which one to use for
    the array I boot to. They both work fine for me.

    2 WD 36gig Raptors on the Silicon that I boot to XP Pro on, and 2 Seagate
    160gig's on the Intel that I store my data on.

    Timothy Drouillard, Feb 15, 2004