    --
    Regards;
    gmv

    gmv, Aug 30, 2004

  2. gmv

    gmv Guest

    I think I should add to this the following.

    Stereo patch cord attached to Microphone input
    RealTek AC97 Onboard sound adapter

    Using a stereo plug
    _
    < > <--- +2.5V
    | |<---- several milli volts
    _| |_<--- common
    | |
    | |
    | |

    Surely one of you out there has taken
    a DVM to measure the voltages on
    your patch cords ???
    What measurements are you getting ?
    Are these readings normal or is something wrong here ?

    gmv, Sep 3, 2004

  3. Well on my board there is +5V on the tip and +1.25V on the ring, I've never
    put a mic on this input. If your mic works I wouldn't worry too much about
    it. It may be a bias voltage for cheap capacitor mics.

    Adrian

    >I think I should add to this the following.
    >
    > Stereo patch cord attached to Microphone input
    > RealTek AC97 Onboard sound adapter
    >
    > Using a stereo plug
    > _
    > < > <--- +2.5V
    > | |<---- several milli volts
    > _| |_<--- common
    > | |
    > | |
    > | |

    > Surely one of you out there has taken
    > a DVM to measure the voltages on
    > your patch cords ???
    > What measurements are you getting ?
    > Are these readings normal or is something wrong here ?
    >

    > "gmv" <noemail@please.123> wrote in message
    >> Hello,
    >>
    >> The microphone input to my motherboard
    >> is putting out a +2.5 volts on the tip
    >> as related to the common and I was just
    >> curious if this is normal for the microphone input
    >> to be putting out this voltage ?
    >>
    >> --
    >> Regards;
    >> gmv