    My problem:
    My on board card is broken (so it seems), and I purchased the cheap CMI8738 card. However, there seem to be driver conflicts, which causes the computer to crash when it detects incoming audio (from recording etc.). Sound output is fine otherwise.

    Thank you! =)

    yunn, Jan 7, 2008
  2. yunn

    10acjed

    Joined:
    Jan 21, 2008
    Location:
    In My Moms Basement
    on initial boot screen...(should have yellow energy logo in top right corner)

    press delete to enter setup...

    it is in the "integrated peripherals"
    Azalia Codec should be set on auto, disable it

    the default is auto detect. Have you tried to uninstall it in devece manager??
    that may work too, but if not disable it in bios.

    be sure not to change anything unless you are sure what it is.....

    then you will want to uninstall it from you device manager in windows...

    then proceed with the install of the new card...

    not sure how to get it to hook up to the front of ur case....

    Didnt think anyone used that feature ;-)

    Last edited: Jan 22, 2008
    10acjed, Jan 22, 2008