    purchased it, having had problems with previous Asus on board raid

    You could say if it aint broke dont fix it, but to evolve we must have
    better gadgets :)

    OldMan, Mar 26, 2009

  2. OldMan

    Paul Guest

    When I played with it, their search engine is a bit tricky. I did find
    one DDR3 board from Gigabyte.

    Gigabyte GA-EP45T-DS3R
    http://www.corsairmicro.com/configurator/product_results.aspx?id=623812

    This is the QVL list for memory from Gigabyte, for the board.
    http://www.gigabyte.com.tw/FileList/MemorySupport/motherboard_memory_ga-ep45t-ds3r.pdf

    Reviews are mixed for that board on Newegg.

    http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produ...SortField=0&SummaryType=0&Pagesize=100&Page=1

    The reviews on this one are a bit better. One person had a freezing
    problem with his board. This one is a few bucks more.

    http://www.newegg.com/Product/ProductReview.aspx?Item=N82E16813128369

    If you have a separate RAID card, and are happy with it, then continue to
    use it. Motherboard RAID is for when you cannot afford any better.
    Some aspects of RAID solutions, only become apparent when there is
    trouble. (Rebuild times vary radically, from one product to another.
    Some RAID solutions don't tell anybody when they're broken.)
    And by then, it is too late to do anything about it. You've
    now spent the time with your RAID card, so should have a
    good idea whether it's a keeper or not.

    Paul

    Paul, Mar 26, 2009