    unconnected everything but cpu, heatsink, ram, and video card. Same
    problem.

    Can anyone help me?

    LeslieWest, Apr 13, 2009

  2. LeslieWest

    Paul Guest

    I downloaded the manual for your motherboard. Apparently it uses an Award
    BIOS, and there is a table in the manual, with the POST codes shown.
    The POST codes are "progress" codes, rather than "error" codes. The
    POST value indicates the current routine which has just started to
    execute. Knowing the value, we're supposed to assume the motherboard
    got stuck in the identified routine.

    As is usual with these things, the value 76 hex is not documented! But
    using the text string for 75 hex in the manual, and doing a Google
    search, I dug up a manual for another product with an Award BIOS.

    http://www.globalamericaninc.com/manuals/3307540.pdf

    75h Detect & install all IDE devices: HDD, LS120, ZIP, CDROM…..

    76h (Optional Feature)
    Enter AWDFLASH.EXE if:
    -AWDFLASH.EXE is found in floppy drive.
    -ALT+F2 is pressed.

    77h Detect serial ports & parallel ports.
    78h Reserved
    79h Reserved
    7Ah Detect & install co-processor

    You'll notice, that 75, 77, and 7A are consistent with your
    Gigabyte manual. So the value for 76 may be consistent as well.

    Now, that being said, I don't know how to interpret the result.
    It suggests the BIOS is entering AWDFLASH (named Q-Flash on
    your system?) for some reason ? Have you been pressing any
    keys defined in section 2-1 of the manual ?

    Paul

    Paul, Apr 13, 2009