GA-F2A85X-UP4 (rev. 1.0) and Wake on LAN

Discussion in 'Gigabyte' started by seldeen, Jun 28, 2020.

1. seldeen

seldeen

My question is: does my motherboard support Wake on LAN

I am turning an old computer into a Ubuntu server (headless) using a GA-F2A85X-UP4 (rev. 1.0) mobo and am trying to configure it with WW-DRT router to wake on LAN. So far, its not working. The first thing I wanted to check was to confirm that WOL setting was active in the BIOS settings, but there is no entry for WOL.

The only reference in the manual I found is on page 53, which says:

ErP Determines whether to let the system consume least power in S5 (shutdown) state. (Default: Disabled) Note: When this item is set to Enabled, the following functions will become unavailable: PME event wake up, power on by mouse, power on by keyboard, and wake on LAN.
    ErP is disabled, so I assume that the WOL is active and the system is monitoring the network for a signal. But if anyone can confirm that the MOBO supports WOL, that would be much appreciated.

PS - I have a wifi PCI card plugged in, so I'll remove it so it might be intereferring with the wired LAN connection. I'll try some other trouble shooting.

seldeen, Jun 28, 2020
Ask a Question