GA-G33M-DS2R + Corsair TWIN2X2048-6400C4

Discussion in 'Gigabyte' started by jiansworld, Oct 3, 2007.

  1. jiansworld

    jiansworld

    I see on similar board some users are not able to get the overvoltage on the board to work with some memory.

    The TWIN2X2048-6400C4 are 2.1v and I set ddr2 overvoltage to +0.3 over the default base of 1.8. Sound right?

    I cant boot in this mode. The symptoms are seen on other posts, appears to boot but the video never comes up nor the cpu fan. If I just put 1 dimm in slot 4, I can boot just fine and get into the bios again or install the OS. But the memory is in Single Channel mode. I can also put both dimms in slot 3 & 4 and run in single channel with the 2048MB.

    I did upgrade to the latest bios but that made no difference in changin changing the voltage settings. Gigabyte qualified the memory too.

    Any thoughts? Am I using the wrong seetings for the memory?

    Let me know!

    jiansworld, Oct 3, 2007