    Does anybody have any ideas what could cause this ?

    Many thanks in advance,
    Keith

    K.Ratcliff, Sep 2, 2006

  2. K.Ratcliff

    mobydick38

    Joined:
    Sep 14, 2006
    Messages:
    2
    Likes Received:
    0
    Keith

    You're a star! I've been struggling with this reboot issue since yesterday on 4 builds, having successfully built several dozen machines with the GA-K8N51GMF-9 board.

    The one thing I hadn't thought of trying was disconnecting the machine from the network. The following BIOS setting change has cured the issue for me.

    Under Integrated Peripherals change the Onboard LAN Function setting from Auto to Disabled.

    Hamish

    mobydick38, Sep 14, 2006

  3. K.Ratcliff

    mobydick38

    Joined:
    Sep 14, 2006
    Messages:
    2
    Likes Received:
    0
    Keith

    Sorry!! Bum steer with my last reply. This action disables the NIC altogether.

    Download & install the nForce 430/410 drivers from the nVidia site. This has fixed the issue for me. I didn't install the management software.

    Hamish

    mobydick38, Sep 14, 2006
  4. K.Ratcliff

    jtennet

    Joined:
    Oct 3, 2006
    Messages:
    1
    Likes Received:
    0
    Yep, Did it for me too.

    I've seen this problem with three different Gigabyte motherboards recently. All of these being NvIdia chipsets. There must be something very wrong with the NIC drivers as supplied by Gigabyte as a download from NvIdia fixed it every time.

    jtennet, Oct 3, 2006
  5. K.Ratcliff

    viper_iii

    Joined:
    Jun 28, 2009
    Messages:
    1
    Likes Received:
    0
    3 Years later and finding the same issue. thx guys for the heads up on this..

    Been a fairly reliable MB. Even supports the 64 x2 chips so I might have try them out as my 1.8ghz is just too slow...

    beyond that this board and others don't seem to like WD 320gb discs in a any raid configuration oh well. had a raid 5 array get lost because i went to fix and didn't pay attention but it was always rebuilding and never happy with the discs. so back to just single discs and backups but it works and runs fine..

    I'm only able to get into safe mode and then remove / update the driver with the nvidia ones... other than that it just BSOD's regardless of nic connection or not.

    viper_iii, Jun 28, 2009