~GA K8NF-9 Will Not Boot To Bios~

Discussion in 'Gigabyte' started by WolfX, Apr 24, 2005.

  1. WolfX

    WolfX Guest

    Will not boot on startup, and gives more than 11 beeps when CPU
    installed? Any help would be appreciated, I've tried different power
    supply, reset the bios, with a jumper, and by taken the battery out,
    nothing happens. Only thing is that I don't have is another PCI
    express video card to try on it, could that be the problem, with it
    trying to go to bios. I haven't put past on the cpu casue it came
    with some on the Heatsink allready was going to add if needed, could
    that be the problem with the beeps.

    Specs:

    [b:bfa58ee8d4]CPU:[/b:bfa58ee8d4] AMD Athlon 64 3000+ Winchester
    Integrated into Chip FSB Socket 939
    [b:bfa58ee8d4]
    Motherboard:[/b:bfa58ee8d4] GA K8NF-9

    [b:bfa58ee8d4]Videocard:[/b:bfa58ee8d4] Albatron Geforce PCX5300 128MB
    64-bit DDR PCI-Express x16
    [b:bfa58ee8d4]
    System Memory:[/b:bfa58ee8d4] Crucial 512MB 184-Pin DDR SDRAM
    Unbuffered DDR 400 (PC 3200)

    [b:bfa58ee8d4]Hard Drive:[/b:bfa58ee8d4] Western Digital Caviar SE
    WD2000JD 200GB 7200 RPM Serial ATA150 Hard Drive

    [b:bfa58ee8d4]Case:[/b:bfa58ee8d4]ENERMAX 10MCS-56881LBFS-D3 Blue
    Aluminum/SECC ATX Mid Tower Computer Case 400W Power Supply

    WolfX, Apr 24, 2005

  2. WolfX

    RM Guest

    I can't understand your explaination, how many beeps does it give and is
    that with or without a CPU installed? If the CPU cooler is AMD then the
    thermal pad it comes with is fine to use alone.

    Take everything off the board, just leave PSU connected and see how many
    beeps. As it's not dead and is still giving error codes I'd say you've got a
    fault component plugged into it.

    RM, Apr 24, 2005

  3. WolfX

    WolfX Guest

    I can't understand your explaination, how many beeps does it give and
    is
    that with or without a CPU installed? 11+ with the CPU 0
    without it.

    [b:615cfce7c5]I am thinking its a BAD MOBO? just becasue there is NO
    beeps.[/b:615cfce7c5]

    WolfX, Apr 24, 2005