    marked "Power fan," and "System fan." What are the differences? Is it
    a good idea for me to have the CPU fan plugged into the "Power Fan"
    connector?

    biggcheese, Nov 29, 2004

  2. Common problem with this board not the fan. The header near the IDE
    sockets doesn't have a sensor (manual pg.24).

    Fixes:
    1.Disable CPU Smart Fan control in BIOS/PC Health Status
    2. Others have recommended using a converter from the header
    connector-4 prong connector-power supply.

    I am using fix #1

    Sheldon Roger, Nov 30, 2004

  3. biggcheese

    biggcheese Guest

    I'm at work, but I'll have a look at the manual later. Seems kind of
    strange though that the Smart Fan controller would turn the fan off
    while the chip was heating up during a boot. Any clue as to why?
    Anyways, thanks for your reply to this message.

    biggcheese, Nov 30, 2004
  4. The "Smart" Fan Control is supposed to decrease fan speed when the
    temp is below 40 C, not stop it which it seems to be doing on many
    boards. When you attach the fan to the header without the sensor the
    fan control does not come into play.

    Sheldon Roger, Dec 1, 2004