    to say, I didn't wait for the cpu to haet up to see if it start running
    again. Other than that, the board seems fine. I would still like to use
    this feature if it actually works.

    phughes200, Apr 22, 2005

  2. phughes200

    Rick M. Guest

    I've run into this too, only I use a Zalman CPU cooler on a
    potentiometer. Zalman warns of this possibly happening if you have the
    pot set for the lowest RPM setting for the fan. Disabling the smart fan
    control seems to get rid of the problem, although so will a vulcan nerve
    pinch as soon as you hear the alarm. I've noticed that this only seems
    to occur from a cold bootup too, but not on a warm reset of my system.

    -Rick

    Rick M., Apr 23, 2005

  3. phughes200

    phughes200 Guest

    I got a reply from Gigabyte support (surprised how fast they answered).
    In broken english, they said this was normal. They said that you can
    either use the smart fan control or the fail CPU fan alarm but not both
    at the same time. I appreciate everyones responses. I found it
    unsettling to wait for the fan to turn on during a cold boot.

    phughes200, Apr 23, 2005