GA-K8NXP-9 - Loss of sound!

Discussion in 'Gigabyte' started by MikeC, May 19, 2005.

  1. MikeC

    MikeC Guest

    Hello All

    I have just built a new PC based on the GA-K8NXP-9 motherboard - everything
    was working a treat.

    All of a sudden the sound does not appear to work at all. When I try to use
    the volume control on WinXP it says:-

    There are no active mixer devices available. To install mixer devices, go to
    Control Panel, click Printers and Other Hardware, and then click Add
    Hardware.

    Any ideas what I should be looking for?

    Any advice much appreciated.

    Thanks

    Mike Clements

    Any ideas how I should proceed?

    MikeC, May 19, 2005

  2. MikeC

    MikeC Guest

    Hello All

    I have cracked this one myself!

    I installed the latest F5 BIOS and it reset the AC97 AUDIO to DISABLED.
    Sorry for being so slow but this may affect other users.

    I would also like to mention that Nvidia's iTune software now works.
    AlsoGigabyte's EasyTune now has the Smart Fan button highlighted.

    Hope this info helps.

    Mike Clements

    MikeC, May 19, 2005

  3. MikeC

    Sheefa Guest

    Hi Mike,
    Can you tell me how you re-enabled the AC97 sound mate - having the
    same problem!! Hoping you can help. :lol:
    Thanks pal.
    Sheefa

    Sheefa, Jun 8, 2005
  4. MikeC

    Glitch Guest

    There should be na option in the BIOS to re-enable AC 97'.

    Glitch, Jun 8, 2005