GA-K8NXPSLI & fans pausing/slowing gaming

Discussion in 'Gigabyte' started by softflow, Jun 28, 2006.

1. softflow

softflow

Recently picked up this mobo and an Athlon64 4000+ (Gigabyte PCIE 6600GT card included) and while I love the stability and power, it appears that whenever I'm gaming and some new info (textures, models, on the fly loading into ram/vid ram, whatever) needs to come into the system, I'll hear one of the internal fans start up a little louder and the entire game will stutter or pause for a split second, no more than a couple. This happens regularly and did not happen at all on my older AthlonXP comp.

I've tried changing the fan settings in the bios, but honestly don't know if it is the power supply fan, cpu fan (Zalman 9500) or the vid card fan. I'm leaning towards that.

Anyways, is there something I can do to help remedy this situation? Like force all the fans to be on or at a certain RPM at all times? I know I should probably pop open the case to listen and identify the exact fan that's doing it...

softflow, Jun 28, 2006
Ask a Question