    The machine will boot to safe mode, but never to normal.
    Thank you in advance for your help and time,
    Dave

    x, Dec 28, 2005

  2. x

    Dave Guest

    I neglected to add I am running the HDD from the IDE1, not SATA, and I do
    not have RAID set up.
    Thanks again,
    Dave

    Dave, Dec 28, 2005

  3. x

    plowak Guest

    Run IBM's DFT (drive fitness test) utility or the Hitach equivalent, then do
    a full scan of the HDD. If errors are found, replace drive; if not, reformat
    and reinstall. "DFT download" on Google will get you the utility.

    plowak, Jan 2, 2006
  4. x

    Dave Guest

    thank you for the info.