GA-M51GM-S2G, will not boot into OS

Discussion in 'Gigabyte' started by guerillawar, Nov 17, 2006.

1. guerillawar

guerillawar

Hello,

I recently purchased a new GA-M51GM-S2G mother board with an AMD Athlon 64 X2 processor to upgrade my system. The problem is that neither of my OSs (Suse Linux 9.3, Windows XP Home Edition SP2) will boot.

Windows will just flat out reboot befor it even gets to the splash screen.

When I try to boot Linux, I get the following error message:

.....resume device /dev/hdb2 not found (ignoring)
    Loading kernel/fs/reinserfs/reinserfs.ko
    Waiting for device /dev/hdb1 to appear:.....not found--exiting to /bin/sh
    Sh: can't access tty; job control turned off
    $

An interesting side note is that when I insert my Suse Linux 9.3 install cd, it boots to that. However, immediatly after booting from the cd, I get an error message telling me that there is no CD inserted in the CD-ROM drive.

Another interesting side note is that after booting from the Suse 9.3 disk, and choosing system information, then IDE drives, it tells me that I have no IDE drives installed on my system.

Judging from all for incidents, I'm guessing that my OSs are not seeing the IDE drives, even though the BIOS has no problem detecting them. I am thoroughly lost as to how to remedy the situation, and I would appreciate any help you can give me.

Thank you,
    guerrilla

guerillawar, Nov 17, 2006
Ask a Question