    does have the capability?

    Regards
    Fritzables.

    Fritzables, Mar 25, 2009

  2. Fritzables

    Paul Guest

    PME Event Wake Up [Enabled]

    That one allows a PCI or PCI Express device driving a Power Management
    Event signal, to wake the computer.

    Then, you go to the Device Manager, Network adapters, use the
    Power Management tab, "Allow this device to bring the computer out
    of standby" and tick that. In the same network adapter panel, go to
    Advanced. Mine has a "Wake up Type", but this part is non-standard,
    and the features offered will vary from NIC to NIC. I have the option
    there for "Magic Packet", which would be the classic way of doing
    the WOL. There maybe other options, such as a sort of "wake on activity",
    where if you switch your router on, the computer wakes up.

    HTH,
    Paul

    Paul, Mar 25, 2009

  3. Fritzables

    Fritzables Guest

    Thanks Paul,

    Yes, I do remember seeing this in the BIOS. Will sort out tonight.

    Thanks.
    Fritzables.

    Fritzables, Mar 25, 2009