    I know this is really an Antec question, but that manual sucks, so
    I'm hoping one of you gurus will know.

    TIA

    kernel77, Dec 22, 2007

  2. kernel77

    kernel77 Guest

    Correction please. There are colored wires and black wires, not colored and
    white. My mind went kaput
    there for a minute.

    So, is the black the plus or ground?

    kernel77, Dec 22, 2007

  3. kernel77

    Paul Guest

    The common color is the more negative one. I have a couple cases
    here, one where the four front panel plugs have black as the
    common color. Another case has four white wires for the four
    connectors. So the common color, whatever that is, is the negative one.

    For Power and Reset switch, it doesn't matter. The switch is not
    polarized, and the switch can be reversed. You can prove this for
    yourself in advance, by using a multimeter set to ohms, and check
    for a lack of continuity between either wire and chassis ground.
    There shouldn't be a connection there. Because the two wires float
    with respect to the chassis, it doesn't matter how they are connected.

    The LEDs are polarized, but are safe to reverse. If you get the LED
    hooked up wrong, it won't light. Power down, reverse it, and try again.
    At most, it'll take two tries to get it right. The LEDs should have a
    minimum PIV of 5 volts, which is why they can be reversed without
    danger to the LED.

    So while it is fun to figure out the color scheme, it isn't absolutely
    necessary to know it in advance. If they put no markings on the wires,
    eventually you'd get it right.

    Paul

    Paul, Dec 22, 2007
  4. kernel77

    kernel77 Guest

    Thank you very much Paul. A superb explanation, and I nominate you
    for guru of the month.

    kernel77, Dec 22, 2007