    getting it wrong, it keeps finding an AMD Athlon XP 1250 mhz. I have tried
    all different types of configuration but it doesnt change.

    Any help would be greatly appreciated.

    Mag1c1an, Aug 12, 2004

  2. Mag1c1an

    rotor Guest

    rotor, Aug 12, 2004

  3. Mag1c1an

    Mag1c1an Guest

    Thanks for that little diamond piece of information, as if i hadn't already
    got the dip switches all set to the correct settings.

    I have the clk_sw set to auto, not off which is the default, so it should
    auto configure itself to 400/333/266 fsb, and i also have the multiplier
    dips set to auto, so theoretically this should find the right processor.
    But it still only finds it as a 1250 mhz, in actual fact it doesnt matter if
    the clk_sw is off or on, it doesnt seem to make any difference, the cpu is
    still only found as a 1250.

    The trouble is the computer wont stay on long enough for me to get into the
    bios to change the FSB to 166 through the settings, when ever i try to get
    to the bios i get the 5 shortish beeps and the computer turns itself off.

    Im losing my mind, any other constructive answers please!

    Mag1c1an, Aug 13, 2004
  4. Mag1c1an

    Dan Guest

    I had the same thing, and as suggested above there is a small switch
    on the motherboard which should be in the ON position (this is
    supposed to be the default position according to the manual, but it
    seems it's always set the other way). You may also need to set the FSB
    in the BIOS to 166Mhz to get your CPU identified correctly.

    Dan

    Dan, Aug 13, 2004
  5. Mag1c1an

    Dan Guest

    Mmmm, sorry I suggested that too. Google Groups is so slow for seeing
    posted answers. :(
    That sounds like a dodgy board. If you don't go into BIOS will it
    actually boot into the OS?

    Dan, Aug 13, 2004
  6. Mag1c1an

    Dan Guest

    I Found this (for another Gigabyte board, but maybe of some help?)

    "Award BIOS 4.51PG/Gigabyte GA-BX2000: Five short beeps sound when the
    main BIOS is corrupted and the spare BIOS has to be loaded as only
    choice for successful boot."

    http://www.bioscentral.com/beepcodes/awardbeep.htm

    HTH

    Dan

    Dan, Aug 13, 2004
  7. Mag1c1an

    rotor Guest

    Well its a dodgy board then, if you tried the above settings!
    Rotor!!

    rotor, Aug 13, 2004
  8. Mag1c1an

    Mag1c1an Guest

    Latest update, is that myself and my mate have spent all afternoon trying to
    get this thing to work, i have tried two differnet types of memory, two
    different types of psu, 3 different cpus and all are giving me the same
    crap.

    I have now decided that the board is at fault and it is now going back to
    dabs on monday.

    Mag1c1an, Aug 13, 2004
  9. What about the throttle option in the bios, is that enabled? if yes
    try disable it.

    Anders Nielsen, Aug 14, 2004
  10. Mag1c1an

    Mag1c1an Guest

    The board wont let me get into the bios, ive tried 3 different cpus now and
    everytime i try to enter the setup the boot up just hangs and doesnt enter,
    ive tried my 2600 xp that dabs sent me back as none faulty, ive tried a
    2400xp that im running in this machine which works, and that does the same
    thing, and ive tried a 900 mhz duron, all the same.

    Wont let me enter the bios.

    Mag1c1an, Aug 14, 2004
  11. HEY, got a new idea, what video card you got in there??? Manual says
    "Caution:AGP 2X is not supported by nVidia... etc.... you might expirience
    system unable to boot... etc" Ya right on the first page...also this has a
    dual bios in it (backup bios)

    KK

    Kaptain Krunch, Aug 16, 2004