GA8I915P Duo Pro and Windows XP installation problem...

Discussion in 'Gigabyte' started by lilsassy, Jul 7, 2005.

  1. lilsassy

    lilsassy Guest

    This board has two RAID controllers that require a third party (RAID)
    driver be installed from floppy during Windows XP installation in
    order for the hard drive to be recognized (hard drive has to be
    plugged into RAID controller, even if only running one). I have an
    80GB drive partitioned into 6 partitions. I recently had to reinstall
    XP Home and had a problem. Using Partition Magic, I reformatted the
    first partition in NTFS, set it as Active, set it as the Primary, and
    proceeded with the install. The BIOS sees the hard drive and
    Partition Magic sees all the partitions. During installation I
    pressed F6 to load third party drivers, my driver was identified from
    the floppy and I selected it, I heard the floppy being read as the
    driver was (supposedly) installed, then it proceeded to the XP
    install. I pressed Enter to install XP and agreed to the licensing
    terms. The next screen said Windows could not be installed because
    there was no disk to install to. I tried several times and it was a
    no-go. I had the RAID drivers backed up to a second brand new floppy
    and tried that one also. It appeared that the RAID drivers were not
    installed. I thought maybe something was wrong with the floppy drive,
    so I swapped it out and tried again - same thing.

    What could I be doing wrong here?

    Thanks!

    lilsassy, Jul 7, 2005