    able to login? I don't have any user/passwd information either. I know it
    boots because I can see it on the network and get a login prompt via
    telnet. Anyone have any suggestions for gaining access to the PC?

    Coy Krill, Jul 5, 2003

  2. See some of the other posts made here in the last day or so.
    You can attach a null modem cable to its serial port and
    attach that to one of the COM ports on your PC. This will
    give you access to the console (after you remove its keyboard).

    -am © 2003

    Anthony Mandic, Jul 5, 2003

  3. Coy Krill

    Coy Krill Guest

    Would you happen to know the correct serial settings? I've rebooted without
    keyboard and with a serial cable to my laptop running minicom, but minicom
    says the serial port is offline.

    coy

    Coy Krill, Jul 5, 2003
  4. Coy Krill

    Coy Krill Guest

    Ah, finally, I reset the serial port again and this time it's talking. Now
    to get a userid/password to get in. Thanks for your help :)

    Coy

    Coy Krill, Jul 5, 2003
  5. Coy Krill

    SparcBoy Guest

    Hi, I'm trying the same thing with a serial cable which I used years
    back to connection 2 Win95 machines. Is such a null-modem cable?

    thanks,
    bfz

    SparcBoy, Jul 5, 2003
  6. Excellent! Otherwise, I would have suggested plugging the Sun
    keyboard back in and typing Stop-N during a reboot to reset to
    defaults.

    -am © 2003

    Anthony Mandic, Jul 6, 2003