    The Gainward 5700 Ultra Golden Sample is cheaper and faster than 5900
    standard, XT and SE. What am I missing?

    NC

    Norm, Feb 29, 2004

  2. Norm

    Sam Higgins Guest

    Your not missing anything. It's them.

    Sam Higgins, Feb 29, 2004

  3. Norm

    Norm Guest

    so this 5700 ultra is a better card?

    Norm, Feb 29, 2004
  4. Norm

    Sam Higgins Guest

    Sam Higgins, Feb 29, 2004
  5. Norm

    dnfy Guest

    dnfy, Feb 29, 2004
  6. Norm

    Norm Guest

    I guess the difference is the bandwith and pipes, which the 5900 is better.
    For a average gamer would I see any difference?

    Norm, Feb 29, 2004
  7. Norm

    BelaLvgosi Guest

    5700 ultra has ddr2 rated at 900mhz for what I remember and much higher core
    clock making it expensive to manufacture as 5800 ultra were even though in
    less extent. Gainward 1100 has 700mhz ddr (rated at 2.8ns), but 256bit
    access unlike 128bit for the 5700 ultra. But I'd like to remember that when
    both gainward 1100 and creative 5900 (both at 400/750 and shorter pcb before
    there were xt series that look the same) came out, they were very expensive
    with prices over 350 Euro at least in europe (they were justified because
    the price gap between a 5900 and a ultra was too small, 450 to 525, since
    same 850 mhz mems were used), now 5 months have passed and I got one for 209
    euro, but again, when they came out they were much expensive than xt's or
    700 ultras.

    BelaLvgosi, Feb 29, 2004
  8. Norm

    dnfy Guest

    what are you advicing ... should I get 1100 or 960 gs?
    what is more compatibile slower ddr and 256 bit acess or
    higher speed memory and 128 bit acess....or
    what I'm missing between combinations....
    thnx for explaining it

    dnfy, Feb 29, 2004
  9. Norm

    DaveW Guest

    The 5700 has 128bit memory bandwidth and all the 5900's have 256bit memory
    bandwidth.

    DaveW, Feb 29, 2004