    My gamepad is not detected at all. Plug it into my other machine and all is well.
    Driver issue maybe??

    My gameport shows in hardware manager as a standard gameport, is that what it looks like on everyone elses?

    Michael Mears, Feb 22, 2004

  2. Michael Mears

    Ben Pope Guest

    Yeah.

    Are you using the onboard game port?

    Game ports on sound cards cannot be used AFAIK.

    Ben

    Ben Pope, Feb 22, 2004

  3. Michael Mears

    KB Guest

    Why not?
    I use the game port on my soundcard.

    KB, Feb 22, 2004
  4. Michael Mears

    MM Guest

    I am using the onboard gameport.

    MM, Feb 22, 2004
  5. Michael Mears

    Ben Pope Guest

    Using the A7N8X Deluxe? Which sound card?

    I was under the impression it couldn't be done - some limitation of the
    nForce.

    Ben

    Ben Pope, Feb 22, 2004
  6. Michael Mears

    KB Guest

    Soundblaster Audigy.

    KB, Feb 22, 2004
  7. Michael Mears

    Ed Guest

    I have the Audigy 2 and have no problems, but I'm using the Non-Deluxe
    version of this mobo.

    ASUS A7N8X FAQ says .....
    Q:
    I put Creative Lab Audigy2 sound card with A7N8X. I cannot load the
    gameport driver. Why?

    A:
    This is due to Creative Audigy2 sound card must use a designated I/O
    decided by the sound card itself, unlike the I/O for other PCI devices
    are assigned by BIOS. Thus, this will cause I/O confilct. If users want
    to put Audigy2 on A7N8X and use gameport's function, please disable the
    gameport on Audigy2 and use the onboard gameport.

    Ed

    Ed, Feb 22, 2004