game still run slow on high spec machins - do I need dual mode memory?

Discussion in 'Asus' started by fortune23016, Oct 3, 2006.

  1. fortune23016

    fortune23016 Guest

    Hi

    I was playing the demo version of SWAT 4 and I cannot set everything to
    high as it became very slow to run. I should be able to with the kind
    of spec I have on my machine.

    I have a:
    P4 3.06GHz
    1.5GB ram (516MB, 1GB)
    NVIDIA 256MB video

    Do you think I need a dual channel memory? Will it make a different at
    all?

    Any help would be great.

    Thanks

    fortune23016, Oct 3, 2006

  2. What video card are you running it on - 256 meg can cover a variety of
    cards, from dog slow to stupidly fast. The rest of the machine isn`t that
    highly specced, certainly not for a gamers PC - when I want to play games
    quickly I overclock my dual core processor so each core is running fast than
    your single core, giving a fair speed boost. 2 gig of RAM and dual graphics
    cards do the trick.

    Are you sure the machine is set up correctly?

    Simon Finnigan, Oct 3, 2006

  3. fortune23016

    KC Computers Guest

    I was playing the demo version of SWAT 4 and I cannot set everything to
    Running memory in dual channel mode will only boost performance a couple
    percent at the most. Most likely, the issue has to do with the video card.
    What make and model is the chip?

    KC Computers, Oct 3, 2006
  4. fortune23016

    DaveW Guest

    That machine, with an older P4 3.06GHZ CPU, and an unknown RAM speed, and
    unknown video card clock speed, is NOT high end enough relative to what is
    available to be able to play Swat 4 on HIGH video settings. Sorry, I know
    you didn't want to hear that. And, no, dual channel memory would only make
    a small difference.

    DaveW, Oct 4, 2006
  5. fortune23016

    Vic Smith Guest

    SWAT 4 - regular version - isn't too demanding and should run on high
    settings fine with a machine of your general specs.
    I ran it with high settings with a lesser machine.

    Here's a review comment:
    http://pc.gamespy.com/pc/swat-4/599416p2.html
    "The bright side is that the game ran extremely smooth on a variety of
    test machines, running from a 2.5 Ghz P3 with a GeForce Ti 4600 to
    higher-end 3 Ghz machines."

    Sounds like a software glitch or you have some kind of
    hardware config the game doesn't like.

    --Vic

    Vic Smith, Oct 4, 2006