Gameplay idea: Protective points for protecting low fps players.

Discussion in 'Nvidia' started by Skybuck Flying, May 24, 2011.

  1. In short:

    "Give players additional points for protecting "low fps" players"

    In long (and later short again):

    YEAH BOYS AND GIRLS... IF YOU DO EVER SEE ME ON THE BATTLEFLIED 3 play
    grounds anywhere in 2011 or 2012 REMEMBER ONE THING/THIS:

    "It's Skybuck playing on 5 fps or 1 fps or 15 fps ! ;) =D"

    "He is a mostly-to-us superior strategy commander/shooter player, but he's
    on a slow system !"

    "Let's gather around him and cover him so he can MAKE IT !"

    "YEAAAH LOL"

    "EXTRA BATTLEFIELD 3 BONUS POINTS FOR YOU ! IF YOU MANAGE TO PROTECT LOW FPS
    SHOOTER-PLAYERS !"

    "SUPER MASSIVE EXTRA SECRET EASTER EGG BUNNY SUPER POINTS FOR YOU IF IT WAS
    SKYBUCK THAT YOU PROTECTED"

    "WHICH GAVE BIRTH TO THIS IDEA ON THIS PLANET !"

    "IF SUCH A FEATURE IS EVER IMPLEMENTED IN BF3 THEN SHOW SKYBUCK some MASSIVE
    RESPECT by actually building it in secretly."

    In short:

    "The player known as Skybuck shall give extra additional protective points
    to those who protect him while he is playing on low fps !" ;) =D (This is
    done by the server-code)

    Only the player known as "Skybuck" with valid e-mail address: skybuck 2000
    at hotmail dot com may be registered as the true skybuck.

    All others shall fail at mimicking the true and one and only skybuck.

    There shall only be one ! ;) =D

    IT is allowed to name yourself skybuck12356 or whatever... but not "Skybuck"
    or "skybuck" ! ;) =D
    or "-[skybuck]-" or "-[Skybuck]-". (sky blue, buck green, the rest yellow).

    All these signs are reserved for the one and only true skybuck, which is me
    ! ;) =D since a long time now oh yeah !

    Bye,
    Bye,
    Skycommander.

    Skybuck Flying, May 24, 2011

  2. Skybuck Flying

    Metspitzer Guest

    I always thought there should be an OPTIONAL handicap mode. I don't
    know anything about Battlefield, but games like Quake and Unreal
    should give lower skilled or less hardware players a dynamic advantage
    where all players are getting about the same amount of frags. You
    could still tell the best players by how much handicap they have. This
    would prevent new players from getting discouraged and quitting.

    Metspitzer, May 24, 2011

  3. They have a solution for this today: console gaming. Everyone on
    same playing field. Personally I'd prefer to see PC gaming remain the
    domain of hardware enthusiasts who accept that every hobby has a cost,
    and the cost of PC gaming is an ongoing expense.

    Really in multiplayer games, internet latency is a bigger factor than
    fps overall score or ease of killing.

    There is no shortage of options, if one's income or financial is such
    that they cannot afford hardware that maintains at least 60fps on the
    games they want to play: They can (1) play older games, (2) lower the
    resolution/settings to achieve solid 60fps, (3) exit the hobby of PC
    gaming completely, (4) switch to consoles, (5) get a better paying
    job, (6) make other financial tradeoffs in the management of their
    lives

    These are all much easier problems to solve than the internet latency
    dilemma (for most people in the USA at least, where choice of
    broadband providers is usually limited and crappy in performance
    compared to many other countries).

    I think the cost of PC gaming as a hobby is actually more cost
    effective than many other hobbies (golfing, skydiving, boating etc)

    Rin Stowleigh, May 24, 2011
  4. Skybuck Flying

    John M Guest

    Very well said, Rin. You took the words right out of my mouth!!

    John M, Jun 2, 2011
  5. Skybuck Flying

    Brave Burger Guest

    I think the cost of PC gaming as a hobby is actually more cost
    That depends on the hobby and how far you want to pursue it.
    Checkers and chess, are pretty inexpensive ;o)

    Brave Burger, Jul 11, 2011
  6. Skybuck Flying

    Brave Burger Guest

    I think the cost of PC gaming as a hobby is actually more cost
    Okay Rin, wash your hands, you don`t know where he's been. ;o)

    Brave Burger, Jul 11, 2011