    system fonts, with no luck.

    Any help greatly appreciated!!

    Dev

    Devon, May 1, 2004

  2. Devon

    Charles Dyer Guest

    At least one of your sans-serif fonts, probably a Helvetica or an Arial, has
    a problem. Turn them off in Suitcase and/or move them out of of the Fonts
    folder. Use known good versions from your font CDs to replace them.

    Charles Dyer, May 1, 2004

  3. Devon

    Jeff Wechter Guest

    Look for Helvfra, especially if you installed a buttload of
    Helvies. You may want to try trashing
    System/Library/Caches/fontTablesAnnex too.

    Suitcase has some shortcomings, so you'll probably want to
    manually manage these.

    Jeff Wechter, May 1, 2004
  4. Devon

    Devon Guest

    Right you were. Thanks! The problem went away when I deleted the
    Helvetica "Fractions" font. For some reason, Safari was using that
    instead of normal helvetica. Any idea why? (I just want to avoid
    snafus like that in the future. Thanks again!

    Dev

    Devon, May 4, 2004
  5. Devon

    Charles Dyer Guest

    When I checked the page it wanted to use, in order, a Helvetica, an Arial, or
    any other sans-serif font. Helvetica Fractions is probably the first
    Helvetica in some order the system or the app found significant, and so it
    used that one. I've seen it happen before, but never figured out why.

    Charles Dyer, May 5, 2004