    Thanks for helping!
    Joerg

    PS: Board is K8N-E

    Joerg Heinrich, Nov 11, 2004

  2. Joerg Heinrich

    Paul Guest

    There is one setting called "GART error reporting" and
    the manual says to leave it disabled.

    For info on GART, there is this:

    http://www.rojakpot.com/default.aspx?location=8&var1=0&var2=32

    Basically, the GART allows fragments of main system memory
    to be assigned addresses that make a linear address space for
    the graphics card and its transfers from/to system memory.

    The GART lives in the Northbridge. There is a definition in
    the 875 Northbridge datasheet:

    "GART Graphics Aperture Re-map Table. GART is a table in
    memory containing the page re-map information used
    during AGP aperture address translations."

    You can find more info by looking for "Aperture Translation"
    in the 875 Northbridge datasheet:

    http://developer.intel.com/design/chipsets/datashts/25252501.pdf

    HTH,
    Paul