    missing. he needs it running properly ASAP so prompt reply here would be
    most appreciated.

    TAI

    tropo, Jan 21, 2004

  2. Make sure you have applied the Intel chipset software before you install
    other drivers - without it, even the correct driver will not work.

    Edward J. Neth, Jan 21, 2004

  3. tropo

    tropo Guest

    tropo, Jan 21, 2004
  4. tropo

    Ben Myers Guest

    As I recall, the system uses one of the Intel 440-series chipsets, 440BX or
    maybe 440ZX. Either way, Intel's web site, www.intel.com , has a download which
    works for these chipsets and others when installed on Windows 95, 98, or ME.

    The file to download is named something like infinst_enu.exe , possibly with a
    version number. It can be found by searching out the drivers for the Intel
    SE440BX2 motherboard... Ben Myers

    Ben Myers, Jan 21, 2004
  5. tropo

    T.R. Guest

    I gave someone a copy of my Essential 500 restoration CD last year
    because they had also lost their 466 restoration CD and wanted to see
    if my 500 disk would work. It worked fine. If your would like a copy
    of it just to see, I would be more than happy to supply it.

    Regards,
    Thomas
    dixieppc at adelphia dot net

    T.R., Jan 21, 2004
  6. tropo

    tropo Guest

    It has a Celeron Socket 370 chip and I can't find any relevant download at
    Intel. Incidentally I installed all the drivers from the Gateway page of
    this motherboard (link below) and the system seems to be running fine now so
    I still need to install the chipset software?

    tropo, Jan 21, 2004
  7. tropo

    Ben Myers Guest

    If you installed all the drivers from the Gateway web site, and the system is
    running OK, there is no need to download any drivers from Intel. Are there any
    items with yellow exclamation points in the list of devices shown in the Device
    Manager of the System icon?

    A Celeron 370 system would probably use either the 440ZX or an 810 chipset, if
    made with an Intel chipset. Intel is the largest manufacturer of CHIPSETS in
    the world, a little known fact, because eveyone thinks of Intel and the Pentium
    and Celeron brands... Ben Myers

    Ben Myers, Jan 22, 2004