    What's the likely cause? And, is worth getting it fixed?

    Thanks!
    Scott

    Scott, Mar 1, 2009

  2. Scott

    Ben Myers Guest

    Scott wrote:
    > My Gateway 18.1" FPD1810 LCD monitor with my Win XP desktop is 6 years old.
    > Every once in awhile, the image starts shaking. I've discovered that when I
    > lightly tap the top of the monitor, the shaking stops. I really like this
    > monitor. It's served me well.
    >
    > What's the likely cause? And, is worth getting it fixed?
    >
    > Thanks!
    > Scott

    Something electronic inside is wearing out. Use it until it gets too
    annoying, then replace. LCD prices are now low enough (even for good
    name brands) that it is hardly feasible to try to repair... Ben Myers

    Ben Myers, Mar 1, 2009

  3. Scott

    Scott Guest

    Ben Myers wrote:

    > Scott wrote:
    > > My Gateway 18.1" FPD1810 LCD monitor with my Win XP desktop is 6 years old.
    > > Every once in awhile, the image starts shaking. I've discovered that when I
    > > lightly tap the top of the monitor, the shaking stops. I really like this
    > > monitor. It's served me well.
    > >
    > > What's the likely cause? And, is worth getting it fixed?
    > >
    > > Thanks!
    > > Scott

    > Something electronic inside is wearing out. Use it until it gets too
    > annoying, then replace. LCD prices are now low enough (even for good
    > name brands) that it is hardly feasible to try to repair... Ben Myers

    Ben,

    I'm looking at the Samsung 943N 19" LCD for $175.00. It's a 4x3 aspect ratio
    and the same resolution as my Gateway monitor, so no problem for my older
    nVidia video card.

    Scott

    Scott, Mar 2, 2009
  4. Scott

    Ben Myers Guest

    Scott wrote:

    > Ben Myers wrote:
    >> Scott wrote:
    >>> My Gateway 18.1" FPD1810 LCD monitor with my Win XP desktop is 6 years old.
    >>> Every once in awhile, the image starts shaking. I've discovered that when I
    >>> lightly tap the top of the monitor, the shaking stops. I really like this
    >>> monitor. It's served me well.
    >>>
    >>> What's the likely cause? And, is worth getting it fixed?
    >>>
    >>> Thanks!
    >>> Scott

    >> Something electronic inside is wearing out. Use it until it gets too
    >> annoying, then replace. LCD prices are now low enough (even for good
    >> name brands) that it is hardly feasible to try to repair... Ben Myers

    > Ben,
    >
    > I'm looking at the Samsung 943N 19" LCD for $175.00. It's a 4x3 aspect ratio
    > and the same resolution as my Gateway monitor, so no problem for my older
    > nVidia video card.
    >
    > Scott

    Samsung LCD monitors are generally well regarded. You would likely be
    OK with the 943N... Ben

    Ben Myers, Mar 2, 2009
  5. Scott

    Guest

    On Mar 1, 11:39 pm, Scott <> wrote:
    > Ben Myers wrote:
    >
    > > Scott wrote:
    > > > My Gateway 18.1" FPD1810 LCD monitor with my Win XP desktop is 6 years old.
    > > > Every once in awhile, the image starts shaking. I've discovered that when I
    > > > lightly tap the top of the monitor, the shaking stops.  I really like this
    > > > monitor. It's served me well.

    > > > What's the likely cause? And, is worth getting it fixed?

    > > > Thanks!
    > > > Scott

    > > Something electronic inside is wearing out.  Use it until it gets too
    > > annoying, then replace.  LCD prices are now low enough (even for good
    > > name brands) that it is hardly feasible to try to repair... Ben Myers

    > Ben,
    >
    > I'm looking at the Samsung 943N 19" LCD for $175.00.  It's a 4x3 aspectratio
    > and the same resolution as my Gateway monitor, so no problem for my older
    > nVidia video card.
    >
    > Scott

    Do some online comparison shopping. Newegg.com has 22" and 21.5"
    Samsung LCD monitors for under $200 with free shipping, also look at
    mwave.com too. I bought a 28" Hannsg monitor and really like it.
    Ron

    , Mar 2, 2009
  6. Scott

    BillW50 Guest

    In news:,
    Scott typed on Sun, 01 Mar 2009 13:30:49 -0600:
    > My Gateway 18.1" FPD1810 LCD monitor with my Win XP desktop is 6
    > years old. Every once in awhile, the image starts shaking. I've
    > discovered that when I lightly tap the top of the monitor, the
    > shaking stops. I really like this monitor. It's served me well.
    >
    > What's the likely cause? And, is worth getting it fixed?
    >
    > Thanks!
    > Scott

    Might be an easy fix. Merely by resetting the plugs inside of the
    monitor.

    --
    Bill
    2 Gateway MX6124 - Windows XP SP2