    updates, or have I managed to get some sort of virus already? I have an
    updated Norton Antivirus and Spyware Blocking software installed and up to
    date.

    RCParrish, Mar 15, 2007

  2. RCParrish

    Chris H Guest

    Chris H, Mar 15, 2007

  3. RCParrish

    Chris Guest

    Hi RCParrish,

    I just went through the same problem...Here is what fixed my M275...

    The button upgrade software is what is screwing up your Tablet...to fix...

    1. Do a full system recovery!!!!
    And select the earliest date before you installed the updates, in my
    case it was the first choice on the system restore calendar.

    2. do not install the button update!!! in the Hardware updates section
    I did this twice before I figured it out...You do not need it!!!
    The tablet works fine with the original driver.

    3. Reboot the system and enjoy!

    I haven't had any problem with the M275 since!

    just finding a reeferenece to use the Speech Recognition is a bear.

    Everything else does not hurt the M275 on MS's update site just that one
    update.

    Take care and have fun with the tablet...

    Chris

    Chris, Mar 28, 2007
  4. RCParrish

    Chris H Guest

    Despite the availability of "updates" on Windows/Microsoft Update, I would
    recommend only installing updates from the Gateway web site when they make
    them available. Though the updates may come through Gateway in this case,
    sometimes the updates find their way to the Update site from the hardware
    manufacturer itself and therefore hasn't really been tested against the
    individual OEM product.
    --
    Chris H.
    Microsoft Windows MVP/Tablet PC