    BillW50 Guest

    Anybody know where I could get one of those optional Modular Bay hard
    drives that fits this laptop?

    BillW50, Jan 14, 2011

  2. BillW50

    BillW50 Guest

    In BillW50 typed on Fri, 14 Jan 2011 05:00:16 -0600:
    Okay that went well! ;-) At least does anybody have a part number or a
    model number for one?

    BillW50, Jan 15, 2011

  3. BillW50

    Ken Whiton Guest

    *-* On Sat, 15 Jan 2011, at 14:30:15 -0600,
    *-* In Article <igt04o$gtj$-september.org>,
    *-* BillW50 wrote
    *-* About Re: Gateway Modular Bay
    Is this what you're looking for?

    <http://www.skyline-eng.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=product.display&Product_ID=7031>
    (or <http://preview.tinyurl.com/4l8pnjs>)

    If so, that page has model and part numbers.

    If that's not what you want/need you might contact these people
    and see if they have it.

    <http://newmodeus.com/shop/index.php?main_page=index&cPath=2&zenid=0580f384f01a9aefc2c3398d16db28a8>
    (or <http://preview.tinyurl.com/4a22jha>)

    Ken Whiton

    Ken Whiton, Jan 16, 2011
  4. BillW50

    BillW50 Guest

    In Ken Whiton typed on Sun, 16 Jan 2011 02:36:13 -0500:
    Hi Ken! Much thanks! Although the first link is just a blank that just
    plugs up the modular bay slot. Although I probably should get one of
    those someday to add to my collection. ;-)

    Currently I have three M465e and besides the optical drives that fit
    into the modular bay, I have a second battery (makes swapping of the
    main battery easy while the laptop is running) and a floppy drive.
    Besides the blank, I am only missing the second hard drive modular bay
    carrier. I saw one once on the Internet for sale and I thought no big
    rush as I could get one later. Although it seems like they just
    disappeared from the radar. :-(

    That second link was quite interesting, but nothing for these Gateways.
    Although I will contact them to see what they can come up with. ;-)

    BillW50, Jan 16, 2011
  5. BillW50

    Ken Whiton Guest

    *-* On Sun, 16 Jan 2011, at 08:33:55 -0600,
    *-* In Article <iguvkl$46l$-september.org>,
    *-* BillW50 wrote
    *-* About Re: Gateway Modular Bay
    I thought it was something like that, but I decided to give you
    the link anyway. After all, you know more about these modular bays
    than I do. ;-)
    Most of the links returned by my Google search were
    battery-related, but since they didn't appear relevant to your quest I
    didn't follow them.
    That link came from a forum discussion that my Google search
    turned up. In case there might be something else you could use in
    that discussion, it's here:

    <http://www.notebookforums.com/thread227812.html>.

    Here's my Google search results page:

    <http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&source=hp&q=Gateway+"Modular+Bay"&aq=f&aqi=g-v1&aql=&oq=>
    (or <http://preview.tinyurl.com/6c9yt25>), in case there's something
    else there that you can use.

    Ken Whiton

    Ken Whiton, Jan 17, 2011
  6. BillW50

    BillW50 Guest

    In Ken Whiton typed on Mon, 17 Jan 2011 04:35:37 -0500:
    Thanks Ken! That looks a lot like something they modified to work in the
    modular bay slot. And I got email late last night from the newmodeus
    people. And they said they haven't seen a Gateway M465 modular bay yet
    and wants some pictures. And they said I might need to use some parts
    from one of my optical drives (optical drives are easy to find on eBay
    for $20-$25) to make it work with what they have.

    Both the optical and the floppy drives use the standard slimline CD/DVD
    connector. I assume the hard drive modular bay uses the same one. The
    only other connector inside of the bay is a heavy 5 pin connector. And
    the only thing I know that uses that connector is the second battery.

    BillW50, Jan 18, 2011