    Dell.
    All I get is no signal. GW was on Vista while Dell has XP Pro, if
    that has anything to do with it.

    Frank, Jan 27, 2011

  2. * * *
    Frank,

    I mix and match monitors all the time, the only occasional problem I have
    experienced is the dreaded out of range problem. (Setting the resolution
    higher than the monitor will display)

    I keep a CRT around for that specific Microsoft problem. In Mepis Linux
    that is easy to fix, boot with a live cd, and rewriting the Xorg setting
    to the root partition...

    JR

    Postman Delivers, Jan 31, 2011

  3. Frank

    Frank Guest

    Thanks for response. I've hooked the monitor up a couple of times, last
    time to computer while running and it says no signal and shuts down.

    I'm not sure what privileges I have on the computer as it belongs to a
    client I consult for and their tech support is out of state. Computer
    was just out for a week when I had to ship it to them for software update.

    I only spoke to them briefly a couple of weeks ago and tech said it
    should work. The monitor on the Dell is an old 15 inch crt and the 19
    inch lcd became available from my GW when kids gave me a 24 inch for
    Christmas.

    BillW50 in ng helped me with resolution on that one as circles were
    ovals. I'm spoiled now in stepping down from 24 to 15 inches on the
    computers.

    Think I'll just let this on sit until my eyes get bad enough that I
    can't work without bigger monitor ;)

    Frank, Jan 31, 2011