    0
    I have the 1.2 GHz processor in my Gateway Solo 1450 laptop. I also have faster processors available (up to 1.6GHz). Has anyone had any luck making such a combination work, and if so, how?

    TIA

    Demon, Apr 24, 2007

  2. Demon

    Demon

    Joined:
    Apr 24, 2007
    Messages:
    2
    Likes Received:
    0
    Further information regarding my question

    I have the 1.2 GHz processor in my Gateway Solo 1450 laptop. I also have faster processors available (up to 1.6GHz). Has anyone had any luck making such a combination work, and if so, how?

    I don't think I made it clear, even to myself. What I am trying to do is determine if replacing the CPU with a faster processor will work, and under what circumstances. I've tried a straight swap, and nothing happened. The machine didn't boot, or even pass a self-test. I'm trying to see if there are motherboard traces, jumpers, etc. that I can move, change, enable or disable to increase the processor speed the system "expects."

    The system currently runs XP Pro, Service Pack 2, and contains 1GB memory and a 120GB internal drive (for reference).

    Thanks again...

    Demon, Apr 24, 2007